HollyFrontier Navajo Refining is seeking a Process Engineering Supervisor. This position oversees departmental requirements specific to Process Engineering and Refinery Technical Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Assists in communicating priorities and reporting progress of assignments to the Department Manager
- Maintains detailed account of all process scope and engineering work performed by the group and provides regular updates
- Organizes and communicates technical service support efforts based on unit monitoring results and requests by the Department Manager and/or other refinery departments
- Oversees efforts of Process Engineering to monitor unit performance and provide technical service for refinery needs as they arise
- Provides process engineering support to various Departments, provides Unit Startup assistance for existing as well as new facilities, review daily unit reports and track performance of assigned units, communicate observations made via recommendations to the Operations Department, perform economic analysis and fill ROI reports for capital upgrades
- Monitors and tracks catalyst and chemical performance and usage and assist Operations in all catalyst and chemical applications including providing guidelines for startup and/or usage.
- Ensures that Process scope development and Engineering meet targeted criteria for Safety Performance, Environmental Compliance, Process scope definition, Instrument scope definition, Process Engineering Contract scope definition, Comprehensive AFE Development, Accuracy and comprehensiveness of Process Engineering Designs
- Completes scope development and Process Engineering within target schedule and provides project startup coverage
- Meets all Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements of the As Built project
- Manages team of Process Engineers
- Manages vendor relationships as required
- Coordinate refinery energy conservation efforts as needed
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years engineering experience in a refinery environment are required.Education Level
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
Ability to lead and direct the work of others Ã¢ÂÂ typically individual contributors. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically and to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software. Advanced reading and writing skills, the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations, and the ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and verbally, are required.Supervisory/Managerial Responsibility
Responsible for the supervision of approximately six engineers. May be responsible for overseeing outside contract engineers.Work Conditions
Office, and field based with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors environment and driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels tanks, rotating equipment, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all temperatures varying road and weather conditions.Physical Requirements
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft, perceiving color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driverÃ¢ÂÂs license and proof of insurance required, and strenuous physical activity. Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping and working in confined spaces.Our One HFC Culture:
At HollyFrontier, we are united through our One HFC Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation ('HF Sinclair'), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.Equal Opportunity Employer
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
- Business Relationship Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Confined Spaces
- Development Planning