At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at [ Link removed ] . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
- NRG is seeking a Risk Analyst to join its Wholesale Risk Analytics team. The successful candidate will possess a strong technical and data analytics background. The candidate must be adept at working independently as well as have strong collaborative capabilities to assist Commercial Operations, Finance, and Accounting teams to adequately explain risk and measure performance. This is a high visibility role which will allow interaction with senior management, assuring that key drivers of commercial performance are monitored and explained.
- Monitor performance and risk analysis for the Commercial Operations portfolio
- Work closely with traders, risk management, finance, accounting, and senior management to analyze value and provide risk analysis around complex transactions and portfolio positions, including power generation, load contracts, and other complex derivatives
- Collaborate effectively with the greater Risk team and other departments to address business and operating requests, including financial and risk analytics, reporting, and project scope
- Support reporting requests from NRG’s senior management and Board of Directors
- Work closely with IT on risk system improvements and testing new enhancements
- Work with management to establish and maintain processes to identify and monitor key risks for new and existing business
- General working hours 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Eastern time
- Some overtime required as special projects arise or daily operations dictate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- 0 – 2+ years of Risk Management, Accounting, or Finance experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
- Strong Excel skills required
- At least 2 years of financial reporting or FP&A experience.
- Hyperion experience.
- Risk experience.
- Energy markets or Financial energy products experience a plus; electricity, natural gas, renewables and/or oil markets
- Strong organizational skills, confidence, and comfort interacting with the commercial staff and senior management
- Ability to work with incomplete data or seemingly open-ended questions, and translate into actionable assignments
- Strong financial acumen and analytics background
- Ability to plan/manage multiple priorities while committed to deadlines in a demanding environment, and work overtime when required
- Proficient in effectively communicating to a wide range of audiences, both written and oral
- Works well in an open office environment
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of energy markets a plus; electricity, natural gas, renewables and/or oil markets
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at [ Link removed ] )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
- Apache Open Office
- Business Administration
- Commercial Awareness