General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Appian Developer in Rockville, MD to join our team supporting the FDA.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the federal agency responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. The FDA is also responsible for: advancing the public’s health by helping to speed innovations that make medicines and foods more effective, safer, and more affordable; helping the public acquire the accurate, science-based information they need to use medicines and foods to improve their health.
As a Appian Developer involved in all phases of the development life cycle, you will participate in design sessions, both from custom code as well as architecture stand point. Additional duties to include:
- Develop applications in Appian business process management and integrate with other COTS products.
- Develop and implement the Appian and web-based applications.
- Create various document artifacts including design/ technical approach document, target state diagrams, installation instructions, visio diagrams, etc.
- Building critical Appian based application as well as associated integration components in Java.
- Provide technical guidance to mid-level developers as and when required.
- Participate in customer and team meetings to support various program tasks including design review, stage gates, technical roadmap, production troubleshooting including performance issues, etc.
- Work closely with release manager to ensure completion of key tasks including deployment, code baseline and merge, version control, etc.
- Work throughout the entire project life cycle (requirements review, technical design, development, deployment and maintenance)
- Develop BPM specifications to integrate with legacy applications leveraging web services, messaging and enterprise service bus
- Contribute toward developing solution guidelines, standards and best practices
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 + years of experience in Appian, building solutions and delivering mission critical applications, leveraging Appian platform 17.x and above
- 3+ plus years of hand on development experience to develop in Java/J2EE, Web Service and RESTful services
- 2+ years' experience in HTML, HTML5, CSS, JSON, XML, Java Script, Ajax
- Strong business analysis, model-driven-architecture and model-driven-development – specifically to produce analysis, design, component and deployment models for Appian based BPM applications
- Experience addressing Appian application performance issues and application tuning
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, perform in depth code reviews and ensure design and coding are adhering to security and architectural standards
- Experience configuring Appian, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components on development projects as assigned
- Experience integrating Appian with different technology platforms using native integration components
- High level understanding of various products that make up reference architecture and constraints
- Appian development – Process models, SAIL forms, CDT's, records, reports, Appian security architecture, web API's, business analysis
- Appian – plug-in development, integration with enterprise systems
- Web Service and REST service development, Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate Web technologies - HTML, HTML5, XML, Java Script and Ajax
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- PL/SQL, Cloud hands-on experience, Node.js, Angular
- Spring Security, JWT
- Application development experience with binary of text documents, such as PDF and images.
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Attributes for Success:
- Team First Mindset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Java Script (Programming Language)
Ajax (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Java (Programming Language)