Job ProfilePosition Overview
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a senior member of the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) team, you will be part of PNC’s Finance organization, supporting the Corporate Controller Division. This role unites finance theory with information technology, necessitating a sound understanding of key risks to PNC’s balance sheet (i.e. interest rate risk, liquidity risk, loan convexity, foreign currency exposure, etc.) and the management of said risk through comprehensive transfer pricing methodologies. Successful candidates will be expected to lead highly quantitative analysis and possess strong communication skills essential in presenting complex financial concepts to senior enterprise leadership both verbally and visually. The role will offer a mix of project work in addition to leading special requests put forth by business partners and executive leadership across the bank. It will also include monthly and quarterly reporting assignments.
Primary responsibilities and activities include:
• Performing as a key contributor within the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) function, both methodology and application within OFSA, PNC’s FTP platform.
• Responding to inquiries, performing analyses and presenting recommendations to management (the FTP & OFSA Managers, Director of Financial Systems, Segment CFO’s, Controllers, etc.).
• Partnering with Asset & Liability (A&L) Management, Lines of Business, and MIS to deliver accurate, timely results.
• Leading team members in projects and methodology implementations. Recent project work includes supporting corporate-wide efforts to prepare for LIBOR cessation, refinement of the Bank’s term and contingent liquidity framework, implementation of new and enhanced funding treatments on banking products, comparative analysis of enterprise borrowing costs with internal funding metrics, and the expansion of OFSA to consume new banking platforms.
• Understanding key functionality and elements of the OFSA tool in order to support monthly reporting and projects.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting, accounting systems, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
• MBA Preferred.
• Solid understanding of management accounting concepts, including funds transfer pricing and the banking balance sheet preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing needs.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Experience with OFSA, Hyperion Essbase and SQL queries preferred. Familiarity with TOAD software a plus.
• Demonstrated competency in analytical and written and verbal communication skills. An ability to put complex subjects in simple terms to explain to management and end users.
• High level of insightful curiosity in order to constructively challenge presented information to make sure it is accurate and meaningful.
• Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills. Able to use technology, contacts and deductive reasoning to get to the bottom of reporting requests.
• Ability to actively lead a small team or work independently to plan and conduct non-routine financial analyses or projects.
- Leads specialized accounting, reporting and analytical expertise in support of a centralized accounting and reporting function, a business function or a business unit. Serves as the senior expert for the team
- Leads the review and analysis of complex transactions; researches the applicable accounting, reporting and regulatory guidance; and communicates the implications to senior management.
- Participates on project teams and prepares accounting memoranda and related presentations related to new accounting pronouncements and their impact on PNC; reviews with senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Provides accounting expertise, including specialized knowledge related to internal control processes for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities, in support of both Finance department and business service partners.
- Supports and assists the Centralized Accounting and Reporting Management teams and the business units in the development and training of staff related to both generally accepted accounting principles and compliance with provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Business Assessment – Knowledge of the activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities; ability to assess the benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Financial And Accounting Systems – Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications specific to the organization.
Financial Reporting – Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) – Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply them appropriately within the organization.
Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance – Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and ability to implement business processes required to ensure compliance with its tenets.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call
and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Management Accounting - Funds Transfer Pricing Lead
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Management Accounting - Funds Transfer Pricing Lead to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles