About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
If you are seeking career advancement, continuing education and research opportunities coupled with a diverse and welcoming workplace, competitive compensation and generous employment benefits, please consider the following opportunity, or visit our[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Food Service Worker - Food Service, Registryto explore additional openings.
The Food Service Worker will maintain safe, accurate and timely staff and patient meal service while ensuring high standards of department sanitation, accurate cashiering and food production.
The Food Service Worker will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan Abilitylab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Food Service Worker will demonstrate Shirley Ryan Abilitylab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Shirley Ryan Abilitylab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Food Service Worker will:
- Provide timely, efficient and accurate patient tray line setup and patient meal assembly.
- Provide courteous and timely set-up and service in the cafeteria, at the cashier stations and for catered events.
- Deliver and retrieve patient meals to and from nursing units in a safe and expedient manner.
- Maintain the sanitation and cleanliness of the service ware, pots, pans, equipment and work and service areas. Operate the dish machine for service ware sanitation.
- Prepare toast, salads, desserts and other food items requiring some food preparation skills according to specific directions and established quantities.
- Operate cash register accurately with no over rings or shortages. Ensure that cash drawer has proper level of cash, obtaining additional change as necessary.
- Refill coffee urns, juice and milk dispensers as needed and stocks cafeteria with various food and non-food items as needed including donuts, fruit, silverware, condiments, paper products and the like.
- Follow safe food handling practices, maintain food items at appropriate temperatures and follow established storage practices. Sustain a sanitary work environment according to health standards and Department policies.
- Assist patients as necessary in providing or making daily meal selections.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of Shirley Ryan Abilitylab.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions when preparing food, serving patients and staff and performing non-complex mathematical calculations at a level normally acquired through the completion of elementary school.
- Approximately one to three months on-the-job experience in order to become familiar with basic food preparation techniques and learn cafeteria procedures and department policies.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to courteously greet patients when delivering food trays to rooms and employees, visitors and other cafeteria patrons.
- Basic analytical skills necessary to portion proper amounts of food to patient trays and stock food stations with necessary items.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail needed for approximately twenty percent of work time when entering customer charges, receiving money, making change, counting and weighing food items and working tray line.
Reports directly to Food Service Supervisor.
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Some exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
- May include exposure to community, home, work, school and off-site clinic settings.
- Includes Saturday and Sunday rotation work.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the first-ever "translational" research hospital where clinicians, scientists, innovators and technologists work together to advanceHuman Ability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
- Outline Of Food Preparation
- Food Services
- Interpersonal Skills