21st Century Equipment, LLC
has full-time openings for experienced Sales Professionals in Colorado, Nebraska, and Wyoming. These positions are responsible for the sale of new/used agricultural equipment and value-added services. Requires basic knowledge of precision farming, excellent computer skills, strong mechanical aptitude, and strong interpersonal skills. Prefer 1-3 years direct sales experience in agricultural farm equipment or related sales field, and BS Business or agriculture-related field. Must be able to safely operate, mount/dismount, hook-up/secure/transport equipment, and lift 40 lbs. 6 months income guarantee and unlimited income potential after 6 months. EOE.
21st Century Equipment, LLC
JOB TITLE: Sales Professional
REPORTS TO: Location Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: This position works very closely with the General Sales Manager and Remarketing Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the sale of new, used agricultural equipment, and value added services, directly to assigned customers normally within a defined geographic sales area. The employee is expected to spend the majority of their time engaged away from the employer’s place(s) of business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for maintaining current product knowledge on all new and used John Deere agricultural equipment commonly used in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining current product knowledge on common competitive brands of equipment used in area of responsibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of used equipment values and have the ability to appraise and evaluate effectively for proper valuation of trades.
- Responsible for developing sales plans and forecasts for assigned customers and maintaining sales management information in customer CRM software.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of agronomy and common agricultural planting, tillage and harvesting techniques utilized in the area and able to utilize this knowledge to make recommendations and suggestions to improve customer’s operation.
- Fundamental understanding of all facets of precision agriculture practices as it relates to overall customer relationship, management and sales of equipment and services.
- Monitor competitor activity and report to Management.
- Oversee delivery, set-up, start-up. Operator training.
- Conduct field demonstrations of new equipment and operate demonstration equipment in customer’s field as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of all published and unpublished incentive programs on both new and used equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge of various financing options and products available from John Deere Financial and other lenders.
- Maintain display lot, product literature, and inside displays.
- Support Integrated Solutions including agronomic decision support, machine logistics support, machine optimization support, and other value added services, John Deere Risk Protection, and irrigation initiatives.
Position requires excellent communication skills, knowledge of current agricultural issues, strong math skills, outstanding negotiating skills and competency in all aspects of computerized sales tools and reports, willingness to work flexible hours and weekends, and must possess excellent customer relationship skills.EXPERIENCE:
Preferred 1-3 years direct sales experience in agricultural farm equipment or related sales field.EDUCATION:
BS Business or agriculture-related field preferred, but not required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to safely operate equipment, mount and dismount equipment, safely hook-up, secure and transport equipment. Periods of extensive sitting, standing, and squatting are routinely required. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.***THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.***