Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCC) is a publicly traded company that continues to be a leader in the environmental services industry. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing company. HCC offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement!
Purpose: The Bulk Utility Representative will be responsible for providing “sales” and “services” of approved waste streams at automotive and industrial businesses. This position will work frequently with hoses to load/offload Oil Tanker Trucks and Vacuum Trucks from a variety of containers, waste storage units, trenches, and sub-terrain holding chambers. Additionally, the Bulk Utility Rep may be required to perform any responsibility of the TSSR and AFSR positions.
Note: Attendance is required at the branch for the duration of the standard work week. Weekly schedules are at the discretion of the Regional Manager.
- Responsible for working safely in all job aspects and functions
- Promotes and fosters safety and efficiency in all employees and activity
- Responsible for customer service and new business development in a certain geographic area as assigned by the Company
- Delivers service to customers by pumping approved waste streams from customer containers into truck
- Provides service to customers by vacuuming approved waste streams from customer container units into truck
- Aligns work orders to minimize mileage and travel time
- Inspects vehicle and equipment for safe operation
- Assess potential customer needs, present HCC products and services, and develop new customers
- Develops sales leads for Data-Marketing
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and neatly
- Maintain driving log for D.O.T.
- Adhere to all corporate policies and standards including but not limited to environmental and regulatory, human resources, facility, equipment, operations and maintenance
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Position Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core Competencies and Specific Skills:
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with customers, sales branch employees, and other corporate departments
- Ability to operate equipment such as mobile phone, scanners, computers, etc.
- Previous sales experience highly desirable
- Ability to maintain valid Class “B” CDL license and all required endorsements
- Minimum 1-year HCC route sales experience preferred
Education, Certificates, Licenses, or Designations:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have or be qualified to obtain a class “B” C.D.L. license + HazMat/Tanker endorsement. Class B CDL with endorsements preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Clean motor vehicle record (MVR) of major violations (Examples: DUI, Cell phone, No Seatbelt)
Personal Protective Equipment*:
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including a respirator
- Steel toe boots, gloves, uniform, safety glasses, reflective vest and hard hats
- Frequent lifting of hoses up to 55 lbs.
- Frequent climbing of ladders to access approved waste streams.
- Frequent lifting grates, manhole covers, and other plates to access approved waste streams.
- Occasionally pulling/dragging hoses (up to 55 lbs.)
- Vacuum pumps are powerful and may cause excessive movement or “kickback” of the hose during pumping. Must be able to maintain a firm grip and control of the hose during pumping.
- All applicants must pass the pre-employment physical including drug & alcohol screening.
While performing essential duties of this position an individual regularly works in a variety of environments, and is required to see, talk, hear, reach with hands, stand, walk, drive frequently, use a computer keyboard, mouse, mobile phone, and other office equipment. Essential duties require bending, squatting and twisting frequently. Employee will frequently be exposed to dirt, dust and fumes. Noise level of the environment is generally moderate but may vary depending on customer site visits. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
HCC expressly values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages the applications of individuals from diverse backgrounds, so that HCC reflects the communities and customers that we serve.
Heritage Crystal Clean LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
- Human Resources
- Customer Service