To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Edison, NJ 08817
- Tabatha Erazo
- Phone: 732-243-0172
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Delivery Route Planner/Dispatcher
System One • Edison, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: Delivery Route Planner / Dispatcher
Location: Edison, NJ
Hours: Mon - Fri, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm (or until done)
- Plan retail delivery routes according to customer requests, geographic considerations and in compliance with DOT regulations and company policies.
- Notify drivers and warehouse supervision/management of schedules/assignments.
- Operate an automated routing computer system and track schedules, changes in assignments/routes, and maintain follow-up information.
- Partner with customer service to resolve shipping/delivery discrepancies or concerns regarding product arrival status.
- Make on-demand decisions to resolve issues efficiently with the least disruption to the dispatched route and customer.
- Communicates directly with Operations, Customer Service, Transportation staff to coordinate deliveries
- Assists drivers with route schedules, delivery problems and logistics in the States of New Jersey and New York
- Familiarity with beverage and or consumer packaged goods distributor/manufacturing environment.
- Critical thinking and analytical reasoning
- Ability to make solid decisions independently and in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Previous experience working in Dispatch or transportation industry
- Knowledge of the Tri-State Area or relevant geographical areas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Routing and Dispatching
- Excellent Computer Skills-Microsoft applications Excel, Access, Outlook and Word
- Experience with route planning software - a plus if TMW
- Experience in warehouse and distribution environment
- Must have the ability to meet Deadlines
- Must have the ability to interface with Managers and Customer Service
- Must have excellent organization skills