Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 20131
PURPOSE: To develop the purchase strategy and monitor execution of purchasing plan for Machine Division as direct raw materials; supporting continuous improvements for costs, quality and delivery.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Potential other focus areas include PPFR “Purchased Product For Resale”, Automation, Environmental Solutions and other assignments as assigned.
- Interface closely with all relevant departments to identify product and suppliers that meet Lincoln expectations.
- In conjunction with commodity strategies, identify, evaluate, and develop qualified suppliers.
- Develop supply programs for changes in factory demand and inventory plan
- Report key measurements and take corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure quality, delivery and total cost objectives are met.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, including Production and Strategic Project teams
- Hands on experience in procure to pay system solutions like Ariba, or others.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required. BS or MS in Engineering is preferred.
- MBA or professional certifications such as CPSM or PMP, is a plus.
- Five to ten years procurement/materials/engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly with electrical devices (receptacles, terminals, connectors), switches, contactors, relays, circuit breakers, etc.
- Demonstrated results in negotiating with suppliers or customers.
- Excellent analytical skills (understands cost analysis).
- Ability to read product specifications, with a good understanding of quality management systems and related product quality standards.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and written skills.
- Project management skills; capability to work in a team environment as team leader or team member.
- Ability to interface with external suppliers and travel on a global basis.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated successful results.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and basic skills in Access.
- Business systems expertise with ERP solutions. SAP is preferred.
- Support new systems implementation (e.g. SAP Ariba e-Auctions) and drive programs to exceed goals.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Supply Management
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Microsoft Access
- Circuit Switches
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook