To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brewton, AL 36426
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Axle & Manufacturing • Brewton, AL
Posted 10 days ago
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleMaintenance Supervisor
Job Description SummarySupervises employees in the installation and maintenance of electrical and/or mechanical equipment and machinery used in company operations.
Oversees the installation and maintenance of equipment and machinery
Oversees the work of maintenance and maintenance support staff; communicates expectations and provides direction and training. Monitors work performance and provides feedback.
Coordinates maintenance of production equipment and oversees technical process control and quality process control by performing the following duties:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy maintenance environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; immediately addressing issues and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Directs workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings.
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities, such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows.
- Directs workers assisting other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Documents maintenance services by completing forms, reports, logs, and records, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
Required Skills and Education
- Five years prior experience required in installation, maintenance, and the repair of machines and equipment.
- Two year associate in machine maintenance and repair or equivalent experience.
- BA/BS is a plus.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.