Position Summary ( Part Time, 32 hours per week)
The X-Ray Technician has to be able to perform a variety of imaging studies specific to special modalities and special procedures. This position works in an Urgent Care Center in Washington, DC. Work schedule is flexible and weekend work may be required. This is a Part-time position. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Shoot X-rays in an Urgent Care setting.
• Obtaining quality images using correct positions, markers, and exposure.
• Implementing safety procedures for patients, self, and staff to avoid unnecessary exposure to radiation.
• Understand how to process images using CR and archiving images through PACS
• Handling physician requests in a timely manner
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Prepares patients for examination by triaging and reporting patient history summary. Will aid front desk in patient check in.
• Facilitates a smooth and efficient operation of the clinical department by monitoring patient flow and decreasing wait times.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education High School Diploma or GED, and completion of appropriate training. X ray Certification certificate required. Experience One year of experience as an X-Ray Technician. Current CPR certification (healthcare provider level) desired. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred. Basic computer skills. Competencies Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Supervision Received Administrative supervision is received from the Office Manager. Functional supervision may be received on a case by case basis from the attending physician, provider, or registered nurse. Supervision Exercised None
American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (Arrt) Certified
X Ray Computed Tomography