What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurocare Acute
Full-Time – Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for talented Neurocare Acute Registered Nurses to join our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Provides independent care to unit specific patient population; serves as clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Serves as an effective primary coordinating nurse; collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care addressing patient/family needs.
- Serves as clinical resource for others.
- Assists in team development and evaluation of the Relationship-Based Care model; suggests methods for improvement. Participates in collection of data related to Relationship-Based Care outcomes (e.g. hand offs, medication safety, etc).
- Participates in implementation efforts addressing Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators (NSQI).
- Participates and contributes to Performance Improvement, or Evidence Based Practice, or research at the unit level.
- Complies with standards and participates with unit level activities for regulatory compliance.
- Supports charge nurse decisions; performs charge role for assigned shifts as needed.
- Follows and supports the AACN guidelines for Healthy Work Environment (communication, collaboration, effective decision making, recognition, leadership, staffing); participates as team member focusing on elements within the Healthy Work Environment.
- Assists in the development of clinical practice protocols and standards for unit.
- Participates in unit based process governance activities: Performance Improvement, Professional Development, Clinical Practice, Teamwork, etc.; assists in development of action plans and supports implementation.
- Orients Clinical Nurse I to unit level governance structure and councils.
- Serves as preceptor, coach, mentor to new nurses and students. Contributes to ancillary personnel skills and development, attends educational offerings and in-services independently.
- Contributes to development of unit based peer review processes; actively participates in individual peer review feedback.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.; BSN preferred. Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year nursing experience. Solid knowledge and clinical skills.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two years.
- Member of a professional organization.
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations