To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Deductions
Central Garden & Pet • Boise, ID
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you have high energy, are metric driven and want to fill a key role with our Invoice to Cash (ITC) team, keep reading! Central Garden & Pet is searching for someone like you who will ensure that the customers’ receivables are kept current by working accounts to resolve deduction issues and assist with possible billing and payment issues as needed. This position is primarily responsible for the deduction resolution and processing of credit memos to customer accounts in a fast paced, goal oriented and metric driven department.
To learn more about Central Garden & Pet, please see our website at www.central.com . Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Verifies the validity of invoicing discrepancies by means of researching customer claims by working with various departments within the company and directly with the customers.
- Follow documented processes to obtain validation of high volume customer deductions for credits to be issued to customer’s account when valid and/or charge back invalid deductions to the customer’s for repayment.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Provide updates as needed to management team on status of account portfolio.
- Maintain the integrity of the customers’ accounts and the reporting requirements of the company
- Provide support as needed for internal and external audit requirements
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or GED required
- Analytical, sound problem solver, detail oriented, organization, strong communicator (verbal and written), strong sense of urgency
- Accountability and reliability
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Microsoft Office experience (primarily Excel and Outlook)
- Basic accounting knowledge (credits/debits, general ledger, profit centers/cost centers, etc.)
- SAP or other mainframe experience preferred
- Consumer Products experience preferred
- Basic understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements preferred
- Experience in shared service environment preferred
- Ability to work in constant state of alertness and safe manner
If you see multiple jobs open with the same title, please only apply to one job posting and it will be reviewed for all positions with that same title.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.