Our client is looking for a Material Manager to join their team. They are located north of New Albany. To perform this job successfully, the individual must have strong leadership skills with proven record of driving improvements within the Supply Chain areas. Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of purchasing, scheduling, planning, forecasting, inventory control, warehousing, shipping and receiving for the Ripley Retail operation. Responsible for coordinating efforts between plant operations, sales, and various internal and external customers to ensure customer expectations are met. Provides leadership and direction to ensure corporate and plant objectives are achieved.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures schedules are developed, system requirements are maintained, and production needs are met to reach customer demands while facilitating optimum factory operations.
- Ensures materials are procured and delivered to support manufacturing according to the schedule.
- Ensures timely receipt, storage and shipping of raw materials, components and finished goods according to internal and external customer expectations.
- Ensures plant inventory control guidelines are established and monitored, routine cycle counts are conducted, and results are communicated and recorded. Facilitates error-proofing efforts.
- Troubleshoots issues to facilitate no interruption to the flow of information, materials, goods and services to internal and external customers.
- Facilitates communication with sales, order entry, customers and manufacturing to ensure promotions and volume fluctuations are properly planned and executed to meet expectations.
- Gathers data and maintains plant forecasting information in the system at the finished goods level.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors Kanban levels for key manufactured parts and coordinates foot-printing efforts.
- Fosters effective supplier relationships. Manages 3PL relationship, conducts quarterly reviews, invoice reviews, invoice coding, and approvals for payment. Includes providing month-end accrual information.
- Establishes, maintains and publishes key materials metrics.
- Analyzes and develops reports, seeks approval and disposition of obsolete materials and components.
- Plans and administers departmental budgets
- Completes monthly reports. Provides periodic analysis and reports.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
- 4-year degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering with minimum of 10 years materials management/supply chain management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, order flow processes, bills of material, scheduling, planning, inventory control, shipping, receiving and procurement are all required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications required.
- Training and successful use of 80/20, value stream mapping, problem solving, or other lean tools is preferred.
- Project leadership skills required
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: MATER63423
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.