CWS is seeking a candidate to provide Quality Assurance Specialist/Tester support for a customer-focused technology service contract supporting the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City, NC. The U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center Information Systems Division's objective is to obtain services for IT support and the required on-site technical personnel for mission support for the Asset Logistics Information Management System (ALMIS), Aviation Logistics Center – Logistics Support System (ALC-LSS), Coast Guard Logistics Information Management System (CG-LIMS), Account Management and Help Desk Support. This support includes overall operations of logistics focused on engineered IT systems at ALC and the Coast Guard's applications and enterprise systems.
The ideal candidate shall perform quality assurance and quality control tasks on ALMIS, ALC-LSS, and CG- LIMS. Executes software testing and promotion procedures for quality assurance, stage, and production environments using the required USCG versioning software tool. Follows quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
The candidate possesses problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Detail-oriented individual, capable of consistently meeting project and schedule deadlines. The candidate should have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment and demonstrated experience in working with various team within the IT support structure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides execution of project Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms project requirements.
• With oversight, responsible for activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
• Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality in a system development environment which supports large databases and applications.
• Follows processes for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assist in the evaluation.
• Participates in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
• Experiences in project or quality review and assessment preferred.
• Capable of defining all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOP.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or A.A./A.S. in related field or at minimum IT Certification
• Relevant commercial certifications are desired
• ITIL v3 Foundations – desired
• Agency Specific (Favorably adjudicated Background Investigation)
• US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
• Limited travel to company office locations and other contract sites may be required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Assurance Specialist/Tester