Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This particular position will be responsible for a variety of functions related to the general management and enabling business operations for the portfolio the individual is assigned to. The position will require the candidate to partner with the Automation, Reengineering & Transformation portfolio leader, enabling the leadership to represent ART and coordinate with Partner Management and other business teams to deliver client value. You will be accountable to help identify, evaluate and route opportunities to the appropriate solutioning team(s) for value delivery, and gain deep understanding of the portfolio to support the growth of portfolio, while taking keen interest in running portfolio operations.
Key skillsets required - Relationship Management, Account Management, Project & Stakeholder Management, Change Management with background in any key transformation or quality framework like design thinking, six sigma, lean, TQM et all.
This role entails driving high caliber cross functional transformation projects for various lines of businesses within the Optum Rx portfolio.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with ART portfolio leader to define and lead ART strategy and stakeholder engagement for Rx
- Coordinate cross-functionally within and outside ART organization to bring together the right competencies, capabilities, and partnerships to address our business partners’ biggest challenges
- Reveal value potential for our business partners by formalizing an opportunity identification methodology that successfully locates and sizes areas of end-to-end transformation potential, with opportunity assessments calibrated jointly with our businesses
- Enable the portfolio leader to formulate and execute growth strategies, be ready to work on the ground with different stakeholders to ensure enterprise alignment and delivery of planned account initiatives
- Collaborate with Success Partner to expand ART and Strategy, Capabilities & Services organization (SCS) opportunities
- Work directly with ART portfolio leader to expand the breadth/depth of ART relationships & engagements
- Facilitate bi-directional review of opportunities with Partner Management and Power of One teams to ensure alignment, awareness, and connection into related efforts
- Support consistency to Integrated Business Plan reviews & status updates across business segments & senior executives across organization
- Develop relationship with ART team directors and leads for Rx to partner and ensure strategic alignment
- Identify appropriate stakeholders and decision-makers within the client organization
- Research, understand and anticipate the client's current and future business needs, challenges, and strategies (e.g., leveraging Rx / Pharmacy Benefit Management / Pharmacy Value Services knowledge and experience)
- Cultivate the perception of ART as a trusted partner and strategic advisor (e.g., build credibility, demonstrate full understanding of their business) to senior business leaders
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction by focusing efforts on results that meet or exceed the client's expectations
- Partner with ART portfolio leader to maintain ongoing contact with clients to identify and address emerging issues/concerns
- Help customer understand the types of solutions | competencies available to solve identified problems., regardless of source
- Realize ‘New Business Savings’ through the delivery of ART based initiatives. Benefits include (MedEx, SG&A, Cost Avoidance, Revenue / IOI)
- Collaborate with ART teams to expand ART participation in LOB strategic transformation initiatives focused on Growth, Cost Optimization and Constituent Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of ART’s products, services and competencies, and how they can be leveraged to meet the client's needs
- Keep ART leadership apprised of customer needs arising out of individual consulting engagements
- Assist with resource and capital forecasting
- Act as a subject matter resource for others or as a first-stop source to finding such SMEs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of combined experience in any or all the following - Operations Consulting/ Management Consulting / Account Management / Growth/Change Management
- 8+ years of experience in the areas of Automation, Business Process Re-engineering, Enterprise Product Strategy
- 6+ years of experience in defining and refining problem statements, orchestrate solution design, and delivery
- 6+ years of experience presenting assessment outcomes and recommendations to senior leadership, C suite etc.
- Experience working with finance and operations teams
- Experience of developing and delivering compelling presentations which drive the point concisely to senior leadership
- Experience applying multiple transformation levers for a given problem - people, process, operating model, automation, analytics, advanced capabilities, and technology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA (candidate with analytical background like Data Science, Technology or Engineering along with MBA highly preferred)
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications / Design Thinking Certification
- Experience in clinical and pharmacy benefit management
- Proven expertise at PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Word
- Exceptional change management skills
- Excellent Communication (written/spoken)
- Self-motivated. Ability to define, structure and prioritize work for self
- Communication and persuasion skills with the ability to think quickly and package ideas
- Ability to connect the dots, navigate ambiguity to keep the teams focused on committed outcomes
- Demonstrated ability defining business case / cost benefit analysis
- Proven ability to function well in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to manage situations that are complex and ambiguous
- Demonstrated global and Enterprise mindset
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.