To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- Stephanie Pappas
- Phone: 310-277-7900
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Randstad USA • Manhattan Beach, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Our retail client in Manhattan Beach is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team.
location: Manhattan Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Improve process of monitoring inventory costing from inception to receipt.
- Ensure cost accuracy of all categories of inventory; finished, work in progress, and fabric located at foreign and domestic locations.
- Compile monthly detailed roll-forward schedules for finished, WIP and raw inventories for foreign and domestic locations and prepare monthly journal entries for inventory movements and cost adjustments not reflected in general ledger.
- Review monthly journal entries and reporting for international and intercompany activity with foreign affiliates
- Oversee and review consolidation process, including elimination entry of inter-company profit relates to inventory
- Translate inventories into multiple currencies.
- Reconcile monthly general ledger inventory, accrual, and related variance accounts.
- Report inventory variances monthly for purchase price, invoice price, freight, duty, standard cost and manual. adjustments and develop proactive processes for minimizing their occurrence.
- Compute and capitalize monthly inventory unit costs of freight and delivery.
- Analyze the result of cycle counts to determine adequacy count process.
- Compute inventory reserve monthly for obsolete and slow moving inventories.
- Prepare monthly Borrowing Base Certificate as required by bank.
- Assist with external examinations.
- Prepare inventory reporting for monthly management package.
- Complete other projects and analysis as required by management.
- Interface with other departments to drive process improvements.
- Continuously improve all processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- 3 years of experience in accounting with exposure to inventory/cost accounting.
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, must be fluent with pivot tables, v-lookup functions, Power Query
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processes
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.