Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Professional Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of all patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric experiencing medically complex conditions, general medical-surgical conditions, with rehabilitation and/or wound care needs.
- Working under the supervision of the Charge/Registered Nurse, provides care, as delegated by the RN, consistent with established hospital and nursing standards,
- Responsible for reporting changes in patient condition to the RN
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing care to patients.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments.
- Perform additional duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions (Order entry, data input).
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an ICU environment is preferred for HOU/ICU LVN/LPN.
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Minimum requirements are a Graduate from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or licensed practical nursing with current state license in good standing.
- Additional documented training required to work in WC.
- Must maintain current BLS certification throughout employment.
- Two or more years of acute care or rehabilitation experience as a LVN/LPN is preferred.
- If working in ICU, must have current ACLS throughout employment.
- Current state license to practice as an LVN.
- Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment.
- ACLS certification preferred within one year of employment or as available courses allow.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Medical Surgical Nursing
Registered Nurse Certified
Intensive Care Unit