UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will be responsible for collecting, researching and analyzing data related to cost of care and utilization and publish management reports identifying trends and opportunities for cost management and reduction, including the identification of individual provider practice profiles.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct data mining and statistical analysis using the Dental Data Warehouse
- Construct predictive cost of care and utilization models
- Use statistical and analytical methods to identify utilization trends and dentist practice patterns and integrate clinical, third party, Facets claims and UR vendor data
- Investigate utilization problems and collect additional information to close gaps
- Create and publish periodic management reports at corporate, Line of Business, Group, Provider and Member levels as required
- Identify opportunities, through analysis, to manage and control cost of care
- Create and maintain databases as required to support analytics
- Identify providers with abusive claims patterns using analytic and statistical methods
- Create audit databases for investigating abusive providers
- Work cross-functionally and coordinate with others to gather information and overcome challenges in obtaining needed information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS / BA in business or related field (4+ additional years of experience required in lieu of degree)
- 3+ years of experience extracting data in SQL / Oracle environment
- 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries without assistance
- 3+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience analyzing data, determining trends and making recommendations based on analysis
- Advanced analytic skills using PowerBI, SQL and / or similar tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with data warehouses and databases
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years of healthcare experience in dental, insurance/claims processing
- Advanced expertise in statistics including regression modeling
- Experience with VBA and Python
- Advanced degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Healthcare Data Analyst - Telecommute.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analyst, Clinical Data Analyst, Clinical Consultant, Healthcare Analytics, Dental Claims, Dental Utilization, SQL, SAS, Oracle, Data Warehouse, Claims Processing, Claims, Database, Statistics, PowerBI, Healthcare, Managed Care, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Saint Paul, Chicago, IL, St Louis, MO, Chaska, UHG, UHC, UnitedHealth Group. UnitedHealthcare