[ Link removed ] is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy’s world-class Information Technology business unit, with over 1200 talented team members, provides critical value to the organization and its stakeholders. As our renewable energy generation business grows, NextEra Energy is recruiting IT professionals at the beginning of their careers with the aim of developing them into our future leaders.
Learn more about the Ignite Leadership Program: [ Link removed ] and our company: [ Link removed ] . Rotational positions could be in either of our two main subsidiaries: [ Link removed ] or [ Link removed ] . Rotation associates are based in either the Juno Beach/ Jupiter/ West Palm Beach area or the Miami area.
This 2-year leadership development rotational program will expose you to 4 roles exploring the latest technology in our Digital Transformation, which may include roles in: application development, mobile app development, cybersecurity, IT architecture, infrastructure, cloud technology, DevOps automation, Agile teams, business intelligence, data analytics & visualization, or AI/machine learning.
Degree: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Analytics or other IT-related degree strongly preferred.
The new Ignite Leadership Program rotation associates will start in either January or July 2022.
As an Ignite Rotation Associate, you will interact with experts in their disciplines while learning technical skills in roles such as:
- Agile Scrum Team
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics
- Digital Transformation/ Analytics
- IT Programmer Analyst
- IT Business Analyst
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Web and mobile app development
- Dashboard design, data visualization, end user experience
After 2 years and 4 rotations, upon successful completion of the Ignite Leadership Program, you will be placed in a role that best matches your career interests and supports the needs of the business.
NextEra Energy’s IT organization supports operations in renewable energy development (wind, solar, battery storage), power generation, power marketing & trading, power delivery, customer service, finance, accounting and others.
In collaboration with a trained management team, you will:
- Learn and understand the business, key operational drivers, technology issues and related market forces for the assigned functional area
- Demonstrate initiative, a strong drive to succeed, take ownership of assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Develop and integrate new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and business processes
- Analyze business processes, gather requirements, design, develop, test, debug and implement applications and systems
- Maintain and/or enhance existing or new systems to ensure reliability and efficiency
- Build strong working relationships across the organization to ensure business partner support in assigned functional areas
- Execute special projects (e.g., software implementations, process automation, Six Sigma projects, Agile projects)
You should possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Leadership aptitude – desire and initiative to ultimately progress into a team leadership role; often demonstrated by involvement as a leader in student organizations.
- Driven – self-motivated, goal oriented and a bias for action
- Problem solver – ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Professional skills – excellent communication skills, good judgment, committed to excellence and personal growth
- Innovation mindset – interest in applying new knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Team player – collaborative orientation; focused on team success over personal gain
- Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
- Integrity – compliance with all legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
Throughout the program, you will further develop these competencies:
- Technical skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Leadership – ability to utilize leadership skills in a collaborative team environment
Take charge of your career! Come learn and grow with the renewable energy industry leader!
This position is a job rotation into a particular business unit or department for a specified period of time. Employees in this job perform the specific duties of another position to increase business knowledge, develop new skills and gain a broader understanding of the business.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in all assigned activities for the purpose of learning about the specific function(s)
- Gains understanding of business unit interactions, both internally and externally
- Makes impactful contributions that benefit both the business and the participant
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Rotational Position
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Power Systems, Energy
- Team Working
- Complex Problem Solving
- Success Driven
- Self Motivation