Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Drive gas or diesel-powered trucks. Pick up, transport, and deliver parts, material, equipment, and components to pre-determined destinations. Vehicles typically weigh less than 1½ tons. Drive vehicles both on and off of Government installations and in light to heavy traffic conditions. Transport Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) as necessary in the performance of depot mission.
- Drive trucks up to 26,000 pounds to destination for pick up and delivery based on instructions or directions received and by using maps.
- Inspect truck for defects before and after trips.
- Monitor vehicle during operation and report maintenance/repair requirements to Dispatcher.
- Secure loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged arrival at destination.
- Report and receive direction via radio or cellular phone.
- Assist in loading and unloading of material transported.
- Must be able to hook up and/or disconnect tractor-trailer combination vehicles.
- Maintain driver log according to ICC regulations.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance adjustments to trucks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Perform supervisory duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED (May substitute experience for education on a year-by-year basis).
- Must be able to obtain a license to use any equipment for which a current license is not held within 30 days of selection.
- Minimum six months general experience.
- Minimum of six months specific experience demonstrating knowledge required to perform duties of the position.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access, and E-mail business software. Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team. The position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT
Secret Level May Be Required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
Olgoonik is subject to the Executive Order (EO) 14042 requiring COVID vaccinations for federal contractors. Beginning Dec. 8, 2021, all Olgoonik employees must have received or been willing to receive the COVID -19 vaccination before the start date to be considered for this position. Proof of vaccination is required before the start date. For more information please click the below link:6376975847900
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Works in shop/warehouse environment. Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods. Work is physical and requires the incumbent to be able to lift 50 lbs overhead and/or repetitively. Outside work in hot and cold or wet weather is occasionally required.