To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1510 Meadow Wood Lane
Reno, NV 89502
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MGR - OPERATIONS
Prominence Health Plan • Reno, NV
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Founded in 1978, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS)* is one of the nation’s largest and most respected healthcare management companies, operating through its subsidiaries—acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. With more than 74,000 people employed by UHS subsidiaries, UHS’s business strategy is to continue to grow by building or purchasing healthcare facilities across the country, while continuing to strengthen UHS’s well-reputed franchise with its customary exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success is driven by a service philosophy based on integrity, competence, compassion, and a responsive management style. UHS has been recognized as a Fortune 500 company and is listed as one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies. UHS’s Acute Care Division is comprised of 25 high performing hospitals and several ambulatory care facilities across the nation and prides itself on providing superior patient care.
Prominence Health Plan, established in Reno in 1993 as St. Mary’s Health Plan, was acquired in 2014 by Universal Health Services (UHS), one of Fortune Most Admired Companies.
In addition to the HMO, Prominence Health Plan also offers Point of Service health plans, a preferred health insurance company that offers Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health plans, and CDS Group Health, a third-party administrator.
We are a fast-growing, rapidly-changing healthcare organization offering the excitement of a start-up with the support of a Fortune 500 company. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape the future of our organization.
Job Summary:The Operations Manager is responsible for management of components of Prominence Health Plan operations and select vendor relationships. The Operations Manager will provide strategic initiatives to realize efficiencies, and outstanding customer service to Prominence Health Plan clients, brokers, vendors, providers and members as well as to ensure that operational goals and measures are met. Responsible for gathering and validating requirements, coordinating tasks, regular communication, identifying appropriate resources needed to development and implementation of significant initiatives within the organization in support of Senior Management. The Operations Manager oversees and manages the operational and strategic aspects of assigned projects and initiatives, tracks project risks, opportunities and issues in order to develop resolutions to meet quality and timeline goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related Health Care degree, MBA, or Masters in Public Health.
- Five years of Operations Management experience working within the Healthcare Insurance industry required.
- Knowledge of computer systems, experience using databases, and demonstrated proficiency in a variety of computer applications.
- Working knowledge of NCQA process for standards applicable to UM/QI.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to convey goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listen effectively and clarify as needed; confirm all verbal messaging via written document; produce clear status reports; communicate tactfully and candidly.
- Confidence in decision-making. Can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability, excellent communication skills, with the ability to manage projects and multiple priorities at the same time.
- Self-motivated and able to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Experience in managing multiple project and reporting.
- Must understand data specifications and requirements for reporting needs.
- Experience in working with data, understand data structures/relationships, data field types, causes for data integrity and reporting issues.