As the Vice President of Global Channel Sales, you are responsible for building & managing a team of who manages the relationship between Company and channel partners worldwide. It is essential that you can work with cross-functional teams from Company’s Field Sales, Systems Engineering, Channel Marketing, Field Marketing, Alliances and Sales Operations functions will be key resources for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
The essential responsibilities of the VP of Global Channel Sales are to lead a team and work directly with partners to build sales skills, increase number of partner sellers, develop sales pipeline, and to work effectively across functions with other Company employees to build partnerships with our VADs, VARs and OEM partners:
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative to grow our Channel business worldwide.
- Provide coaching and management oversight to the Company and partner sales teams to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities with partners.
- Work closely with sales leadership on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with channel partners and Company sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Plan and direct channel activities including implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction and collateral material development and distribution.
- Create sales team alignment between partners and Company account teams
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Identify needed resources for supporting sales strategy and develop a proposed budget for management review.
- Identify Company customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Develop quarterly MDF/Funding spend budgets based on partner revenue targets
- Develop a budget to support the enablement, marketing and promotion of the partner business plans
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders about their business challenges and Company Webscale architecture.
- As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, you will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
- Ability to demonstrate Company’s values of Hunger, Honesty and Humility. To be a role model leading as part of a united management team, collaborating, creating a positive environment that is recognized in high Office Vibe scores. To give back to the community; that might include Company’s volunteer program, mentoring, job shadowing, assisting with graduate program or apprenticeship.
Education & Experience:
- 8 to 12 years of leadership experience is preferred.
- 3rd line management experience
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.