To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Matthew Loch
- Phone: 734-343-1000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pittsburgh Mercy Health System • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, provide comprehensive pharmacy services to the persons served by Pittsburgh Mercy and act as a clinical liaison between the pharmacy department and various providers, treatment teams and caregivers.
- Optimize care of persons served by Pittsburgh Mercy by providing high quality clinical pharmacy services to promote improved patient outcomes
- Monitor ongoing medication therapy and initiate clinical interventions as needed in order to enhance outcomes and prevent and/or resolve medication-related issues
- Engage in processes to ensure the appropriateness of pharmacotherapy such as medication reconciliation and drug utilization review
- Review appropriate laboratory data to provide for proper medication administration of clozapine and other medications as needed
- Serve as a resource to medical providers, treatment teams and caregivers for drug information and provide counseling and education to colleagues and persons served as appropriate
- Review and assess prescription orders to determine therapeutic appropriateness and monitor for drug interactions when filling prescriptions
- Review technician-performed data entry, medication packaging, and labeling to ensure accuracy of orders
- Maintain quality medical records during the dispensing and clinical intervention processes
- Maintain rights and confidentiality of persons served at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Facilitate obtaining refill orders and prior authorizations to ensure seamless medication therapy by working with caregivers to contact physicians and medical offices
- Supervise pharmacy technicians and assist the Director of Pharmacy with scheduling, training and ongoing evaluations
- Provide excellent customer service and timely answers to medication inquiries in person and over the phone
- Complete other tasks under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy as assigned from time to time
- Pennsylvania Pharmacist License, active and in good standing
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.) required
- Completion of a ASHP-accredited residency in Pharmacy (PGY-1) or equivalent clinical pharmacy experience required
- Working knowledge of medication treatment of psychiatric conditions and substance use preferred
- Completion of a PGY-2 residency in Psychiatric Pharmacy and/or board certification in psychiatric pharmacy (BCPP) preferred
M-F 7 to 3
Flexibility required for evening, weekends, holidays, etc.