Mission Community Hospital, a 145-bed acute care facility located in the San Fernando Valley, is currently searching for LVN, Full-time, Nights position for the ER/OPO Unit. The LVN/LPT performs services requiring technical and manual skills, under the direction of a licensed physician or a registered professional nurse. Specific areas of responsibility include administration of medications, performance of treatments, participation in assessment, planning and education of patient care.
This position will be primarily working with a critically ill through rehabilitating adolescent to geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual served.
Assesses The Physical, Psycho-Social, Spiritual, Cultural, Functional, High Risk and Discharge Needs Of The Patient And Family in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
- Completes admission assessments components as assigned and communicates findings to the RN.
- Completes patient transfer assessment within one hour of receiving patients or per unit policy and communicates findings to the RN.
- Identifies psychosocial, spiritual, learning and discharge planning needs and communicates findings to the RN.
- Determines presence/type of Advanced Directive.
- Performs assigned patient reassessment that is age specific and relevant to patient’s needs/diagnosis within 3 hours of assuming assignment or per patient condition/unit policy.
- Completes assessment and instruction upon discharge per unit policy.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal diagnostic data.
- Identifies patient/family support systems and their effectiveness.
- Recognizes need for other resources to assist in the assessment of needs and notifies appropriate members.
General Job Requirements, Certifications & Knowledge
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing (if LVN) or school of psychiatric technology (if LPT).
- Current California license to practice vocational nursing or LPT.
- Satisfactory completion of state approved IV Therapy Course with IV certification if LVN.
- NIHSS Certification
- Minimum one year LVN/LPT experience, preferably in acute care setting.
- Knowledge of Psychiatric Medication and Patients Rights.
- MAB or PART or CPI Certification
- Minimum one year Med/Surg experience.