- 1st and 2nd shift
- 1-2 hours in morning and afternoon.
$19.00 per hour paid weekly
Capstone Logistics is the premier provider of 3rd Party services in distribution centers across the nation. With a foot print of over 500 DCs in 45 states and Canada, Capstone is THE preferred partner for many major Retailers, Groceries and specialty companies. With high-growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interested in career opportunities to grow with us
We are looking for a Yard Driver/Spotter and they have to have a Class A CDL because they are driving on a public road. Under the direction of the Transportation, Shipping, and Receiving Managers the Spotter is responsible for the movement of trailers to facilitate warehouse sorting and the processing of merchandise for shipment or storage.
These would be the Essential Duties:
- Operate yard truck in a safe manner during numerous roll-on/roll-off procedures daily involving loaded and empty trailers
- Drive and operate vehicle under 15 mph in and around the warehouse and storage lot/staging area
- Be cognizant of the reality that the operation is a low mileage severe duty function requiring particular attention to preventive maintenance checks and services as well as actual scheduled vehicle maintenance
- Must be aware that operations occur on asphalt, concrete, and gravel surfaces in a hostile environment often contaminated with material subject to embedding in tires
- Responsible for accounting for records involving container numbers, gross weights, tire weights, and net weights on the scale log sheet to include source and type of material
- Must function and interact on a daily basis with warehouse personnel and comply with warehouse safety requirements
Capstone Logistics, LLC is part of The Transportation and Logistics industry which has been designated a "Critical Infrastructure Segment". As a "critical infrastructure industry" worker in the Transportation and Logistics industry, associates are considered exempt from local restrictions such as curfews, shelter-in-place orders, and other mobility restrictions when reporting to, returning from, or performing his or her work functions.
- Storage (Warehousing)