To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Database Administrator (Storage Administrator)
DDL Omni Engineering • Dahlgren, VA
Posted 15 days ago
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with an Active TS/SCI clearance to become our Database/Storage Administrator working in Dahlgren, VA.
As a Database/Storage Administrator you will:
- Join a leading company with over 40 years in the industry
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who care about the quality of our product
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Database/Storage Administrator:
- Have detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience in storage administration and be able to apply that knowledge to the contract requirements.
- Use your knowledge of managing enterprise storage area network (SAN) topologies to install and administer storage system hardware, firmware and related software; including, but not limited to the following areas: hardware cabling and configuration, RAID level configuration, logical provisioning of logical unit numbers (LUN) and other storage resources, integration with systems and networking, load balancing and optimization, firmware/software installation and updates, establishing and maintaining backup/restore functionality, and performing manual/electronic data transfers.
- Report storage system status to include uptime, utilization/allocation, incidents problems, and open issues, etc.
- Perform file and database backup, recovery, and data transfer actions according to SOPs.
- Provide input to and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide documentation of service work flows, system configurations, and routine tasks.
- Provide support to JWAC IT partners providing systems, imagery, and data tools.
- Adhere to all Government policies and regulations applicable the designated work site.
- Provide weekly/monthly/adhoc significant activity reports (SIGACTS) as requested by the AMERICAN SYSTEMS Program Manager.
- Work collaboratively with Government on-site personnel to troubleshoot and assist with providing solutions to technical and administrative issues.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
- High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 5-7 years’ experience minimum
- Meet IAT II (Information Assurance Technical Level II) in accordance with DOD 8570.1 (Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program) certification requirements (Security+ or CISSP, etc)
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with Linux and Windows administration
- Experience with JWAC architecture (preferred)