Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Administrative Assistant I is responsible for the completion of assigned office and administrative tasks. Maintains confidentiality of client, employee, and financial information.
Associate’s degree plus two years experience in a related field, or satisfactory combination of education and experience. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, business writing skills, the ability to work well with others, and prioritize and take initiative. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and beginning level of Excel required.
1. Manage the day-to-day office functions including office supplies, equipment maintenance, and janitorial activities.
2. Coordinate document flow in the office to include receiving, routing, and filing of invoices, reports, correspondence, contracts and forms.
3. Prepare reports, correspondence and forms and ensure timely and accurate reporting to outside entities.
4. Perform other related duties as required.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Office functions are efficient and operate smoothly.
2. Correspondence is handled correctly, efficiently, and is routed to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
3. Reports, correspondence and forms are completed accurately and sent to the appropriate internal or external entities in a timely manner.
4. Related duties are performed completely, on time and accurately.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.