We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers' lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Overview of the Assistant Manager of Sales and Service role
You will support the management team in achieving goals by providing World-Class service. You will serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. You will maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store.
* Leads the store team to create an exceptional experience for customers and exceed sales goals
* Ensure the sales floor is adequately staffed from a sales and tactical perspective while serving as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and service by prioritizing the customer experience
* Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes and challenges
* Utilize Selling Essentials and training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills and achieving business goals
* Create and ensure a positive environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
* Ensure timely resolution of client service issues including delivery/pick-up and outstanding issues through effective use and management of client information reporting system
* Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
* Superior critical thinking skills to creatively identify challenges and develop action plans in a timely manner
* Great time management skills and ability to execute multiple tasks and appropriately manage competing priorities
* 2-3 years of previous retail sales experience or management experience in a customer service related field
* Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
* Must be able to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
* Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business.
* Part-Time Flex associates must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, including two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and two during the week (Monday to Friday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December). Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Saturday and Sunday).
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences-whatever they may be-are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* Paid vacations and holidays (full-time)
* Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits (full-time)
Your Journey in Continued Learning
* Individual development plans and career pathing conversations
* Annual performance appraisals
* Cross-brand and cross-functional career opportunities
* Online learning opportunities through brand specific resources and WSI University
* Leadership development opportunities
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
San Francisco Locations:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Experience
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service