To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1101 Airport Road
Shelby, NC 28150
- Bartlett & Company
- Phone: 816-753-6300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bartlett & Company • Shelby, NC
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Bartlett Milling Company
Req. # 568-BMC-(NonEx)-443
Primary Job Location:
Generally 8 hour shifts. Must be available for overtime and working weekends on occasion.
Our ideal candidate enjoys a hands-on work environment and is looking for a job where they can prove they can learn new tasks, advance and take any and all responsibility for their safe work behavior and the safety of their coworkers. Responsibilities will include receiving product from vendors, managing inventory and pulling products for customers. Other duties are maintaining the warehouse in a neat and orderly manner, spot checking inventory on a regular basis, assisting customers with orders in a courteous and timely manner, performing assigned tasks in safe manner in accordance with company procedures. Warehouse problems shall be communicated to management in a timely manner.
- Perform your job tasks in a safe manner in compliance with Bartlett safety programs and company procedures.
- Ability to identify products and manage inventory in best practices manner.
- Receive inventory from vendors, document discrepancies according to company procedures.
- Rotate products to ensure freshness.
- Pull orders and line-up loads for deliver drivers and/or customer pick-up.
- Verify returned orders (products and quantities), return products to correct warehouse location; sign and submit return form to the office for processing.
- Spot check inventories on a routine basis to maintain correctness.
- Perform month-end physical inventory count.
- Ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions, rules, policies and memos, as well as the ability to communicate with co-workers and management clearly.
- Ability to detect odors and discern safety warning systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintenance forklift (and related equipment) operational certification.
Compensation and Benefits
Base Wage: Depends on Experience
Bartlett offers a generous benefits package including
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability coverage paid 100% for employee
- Dental and Vision insurance available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED degree or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You must have reliable transportation to be available for work 24/7.
- Experience with agriculture and farm equipment and mechanical aptitude is preferred.
- Must be energetic, have a positive attitude, good customer interaction skills and possess the ability to work under pressure.
Physical Demands and Requirements
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time, and a successful candidate will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. The job requires the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally more. This job requires the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
This job requires wearing personal protective equipment, including hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with co-workers and supervisors.
It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. If it is necessary in this position to grade grain, the ability to identify and distinguish colors is also important.
You also need the ability to detect odors and the ability to understand and discern safety warning systems.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
Bartlett Milling Company is an affiliate of Bartlett and Company - a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Bartlett is more than 100 years old, and FORBES ranks it among the largest private companies in the U.S. Its principal businesses are grain merchandising and logistics, exporting, flour milling, feed manufacturing and cattle feeding. Family-owned and growth oriented, the company has facilities in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Oklahoma, North and South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Mexico. Financially strong and highly disciplined, we use our expertise to provide our customers with the highest quality and best service possible. Throughout our operations, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance are a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Candidates with the following backgrounds, often make great warehouse operators:
Concrete, Asphalt, Roofing, Roofer, Construction, Landscaping, Landscaper, Milling, Mechanic, Farming, Farm Work, Farmer, Ranching, Ranch Work, Rancher, Feed, Flour, Warehouse
All employees shall be subject to drug testing and background checks.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Bartlett will not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from placement services, recruiters or staffing firms. Bartlett WILL NOT pay any placement fee for unsolicited applications unless a written agreement is in place, in advance, for a specific job requisition. Unless such a written agreement is in place, any unsolicited resume shall be deemed Bartlett property and no fees shall be due from Bartlett to any third party under any circumstances.
You may be required to work periodically at other Bartlett regional locations.
Job Category #: 568-BMC-(NonEx)-443
Reviewer: AR, RL, JM