Help at Home is still hiring in your community!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support, providing a gold standard of care to seniors and people with disabilities.
Right now, our clients need us more than ever. We are still hiring compassionate caregivers, and we are taking every precaution to protect our communities.
We commit to being transparent and open in our hiring process to ensure your health and safety. Our clients, caregivers and employees will always be our top priority.
The Learning Experience Designer will architect learning experiences through instructional design of new company-wide learning strategies including: Orientation immersions, Onboarding process, Customer Service and Leadership Development programs. All solutions will be rooted in competencies with the end goal of driving performance. The Learning Experience Designer will develop innovative, learner-centered, and impactful learning experiences utilizing gamification, simulations, role-plays, virtual VILT tools and video support for new learning modalities to enable modern learning. This role requires knowledge and skill in adult learning, instructional design, learning technology, and multimedia development.
New training projects will deliver a best-in-class learning experience, accomplished by taking a learner-centered design approach to curriculum development. This role will find innovative ways to enhance and optimize our self-paced, instructor-led, blended learning experiences in addition to performance support solutions.
This is a highly visible, internal-facing role reports directly to the VP of Learning and Development. As a part of the corporate learning team, you will also collaborate closely with your peers, including delivery and facilitation, learning technology, and learner operations to bring the desired learner experience to fruition.
- Be nimble, resilient, and adaptable to the ever-changing environment and offer creative solutions based on experience and industry trends.
- Use human-centered design principles to research, create, and prioritize our content roadmap in new and existing content areas aligned to company goals and priorities.
- Responsible for all instructional design, development, and creative capability within assigned programs and ensures appropriate resource availability to design, develop and deliver effective training solutions.
- Stays current on the latest learning technologies to understand how we can best deliver the right learning, at the right time and in the right way
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and lead, design, and develop large-scale projects with tight deadlines and communicate project updates.
- Stay current on learning theory, instructional design, delivery methods, and best practices focusing on sales enablement.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 7-10+ years’ experience working in instructional design and development
- Experience applying behavioral, performance, and learning best practices and theories.
- Demonstrated ability and passion for creating modern, visually appealing content for today's learners that is aesthetically pleasing and easy to consume including PowerPoint, job aids, digital content, eBooks, eLearning, etc.
- Some proficiency with Articulate eLearning tools, Zoom and GoToMeeting platforms, SharePoint, Workday, Learning Management Systems, and/or other related talent technology and social collaboration tools desirable.
- Strong relationship-building skills to work collaboratively with partners across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with an appetite for distilling sophisticated information to what matters most. Simpler is better.
- A “how can we make this better?” mentality. You recognize that “perfect” is not an end state, and continually drive for program improvement.
- Professional certification in learning, organizational development, human resources, or leadership development
- Deep understanding of current and emerging instructional design principles and learner-centered design methodologies with a demonstrated application through innovative learning experiences.
- Experience working in a dispersed organization where interaction across geographies, functions, and business units is key to success.