Amcor Rigid Packaging
Material Handler - Night Shift
Responsible for maintaining a safe and proficient operation with an understanding of loading, unloading, production line support, and inventory control of finish goods in the warehouse.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Adheres to Amcor Rigid Plastics Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
• Operates a lift truck in a safe and proficient manner, for up to a 12-hour period.
• Supply Production Department with the necessary raw materials, as needed.
• Remove finished goods from production area and put production tickets on pallets and store in proper warehouse location.
• Tag finished product and be knowledgeable of required materials.
• Ability to stack finished product in warehouse in a neat manner.
• Must be flexible.
• Must be able and willing to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Responsible for wearing personal protective equipment, as required in the area or to perform specific job duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Job Specifications and Requirements:
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Some post-secondary education preferred (i.e. technical or vocational education).
• Forklift operation experience
• At least 1 to 3 years of previous work experience in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment preferred.
• Must have a valid Drivers’ License
• SAP systems experience, is preferred
• Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values and enters this information into an on-line database accurately and assure all customer paperwork is documented correctly to avoid delayed shipment(s) to customer.
• A strong mathematical ability is essential.
• Ability to visually distinguish fine variations in color and other visual defects.
• Proficient hand/eye coordination to operate equipment.
• Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions and independent judgment calls based on the situation at hand.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively use a computer and related software.
• Ability to work all shifts and required overtime.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.