To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Windsor Hills, CA 90056
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director I, Air Force Space & Missile Systems & Requirements
BAE Systems • Windsor Hills, CA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director, Air Force Space & Missile Systems & Requirements provides guidance, advice, and support to the Electronics Systems Sector leadership and Business Areas involved with business opportunity identification and support of current and new business activities with Air Force customers in the Los Angeles, CA area to include Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (AF/SMC), Program Executive Officers (PEOs), and System Program Offices (SPOs). The Director will be able to assist Air Force customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products, and technologies available or being developed in the Electronic Systems Sector’s Business Areas.
The position will contribute to the identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities, prioritization of new business pursuits, and the development of marketing plans and capture strategies for Air Force business opportunities.
The Director, Air Force Space & Missile Systems & Requirements will report to the VP, U.S. Customer Requirements & Advocacy in Arlington, VA, regularly interface with the Air Force Customer Requirements & Advocacy Team, Air Force acquisition personnel, and support the Business Areas of the Electronics Systems Sector with the identification, qualification and creation of new business opportunities according to the Business Capture Process.
The position will develop and maintain close trusted partner relationships with offices of senior military and civilian US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers. The customers would include all relevant Air Force mission areas associated with AFSMC, PEOs, and SPOs. The acquisition life cycle phases for BAE Systems products will be supported from concept development to retirement.
The position will coordinate with Electronics Systems Business Development, Program Management, and Engineering personnel in preparing, editing, and presenting briefings or hosting discussions with customers highlighting BAE Systems capabilities and solutions against customer requirements and capability shortfalls. The position will also support the Business Areas through attendance at Industry Days, Symposiums, Professional Events, Conferences, and Trade Shows in the Los Angeles area.
1. At a minimum, a current Top Secret level government clearance to classified information
2. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree desired
3. Actionable program knowledge of USAF space programs designed and acquired through the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (AFSMC) is required
4. Prior USAF officer with space systems experience is required
5. Thorough knowledge of DOD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Requirements development process, Joint Capabilities Integration Development System and Federal Acquisition Regulations
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the customer, organization and into partner communities
1. Thorough understanding of the Space marketplace, its customers and the ability to think strategically and champion future opportunities
2. Experience with U.S. Command and Control, Communication & Data Networks
3. Experience in program development, requirements generation and the JCIDS process
4. Expertise in strategy, government system acquisition and lifecycle management
5. Active TS/SCI
6. Master's Degree
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression