To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brentwood, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • Brentwood, TN
Posted 1 month ago
The SVP, Tax requires experience and proven expertise preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual tax provisions, including all ASC 740, ASC 740-10 and effective rate calculations. In addition, this position will be responsible for the filing of the Company’s federal consolidated tax return, multiple state and local income and franchise tax returns, including estimated payments and filing of multiple state and local sales tax and excise tax returns. The Senior Vice President of Tax will supervise, mentor and develop staff to sustain an intellectually challenging, respectful and fun workplace.
- Tax Provision: Preparation/Review of quarterly and annual ASC 740 and ASC 740-10 calculations; monitor tax accounts and review monthly analysis; effective tax rate analysis.
- Compliance: Preparation/Review of consolidated federal and state income tax returns as well as separate company returns including state apportionment and estimated tax filings; preparation of Canadian federal and provincial returns; tax audits, SOX compliance audits and special projects; oversee preparation of tax depreciation calculation and schedules. Responsible for preparation and review of all state and local sales tax returns and all federal, state, and local motor fuel excise tax returns.
- Research and Planning: assist with year-end planning, including taxation of inventories, UNICAP, business incentives, and international tax planning and research; keep tax department abreast of current laws and pending legislation with an eye toward opportunities beneficial to any and all of our entities; facilitate communication with appropriate company executives related to tax matters; be involved in professional associations and always mindful of best practices; develop, train, motivate and encourage staff.
- Strategic Initiatives: identify ways to minimize the organization’s tax liability each year by creating and monitoring analytics to model the effects of business activities and opportunities that focus on forecasting impacts of various tax strategies.
LEADERSHIP CAPABILTIIES, CULTURE FIT & IMPACT:
- Credibility - Can command respect; problem-solver with the ability to analyze problems carefully and conceptualize solutions
- Communication skills - Polished; good listener; excellent written and oral communication skills
Culture Fit & Alignment to Company’s Core Values:
- Collaborative - Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work with and through others; able to forge effective working relationships with various parties and encourage them to work together toward common goals
- Values - A hard work ethic and high energy level; honest and straightforward; outstanding integrity
Minimum Required Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 10 to 15 years of direct corporate tax experience, preferably in a large corporate environment
- Minimum 10 years managing and directing an organization of tax personnel
- Minimum 4 years of experience with a Big-4 accounting firm
- Partnership, International and/or oil and gas industry experience is required
- Excellent collaboration and organization skills with a hands-on approach
- A “doer” personality with a sense of urgency
Certifications/Licenses Required (If Applicable):
- CPA certification and license is required
- Advanced degree in business will be a plus, though not required