QA Administrative Assistant
Growing Chemical Manufacturing Company is looking for a dynamic person for support with Administrative responsibilities as well as support for their Quality Assurance department. This position will be Monday – Friday from 5:30 am – 2:00 pm and start as soon as a strong candidate is identified.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the QA/Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative support, data entry and clerical tasks related to office and Quality Assurance operations, in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as ISO 9001 standards. Strong organization skills and the ability to self-direct, roll with changing priorities, and be forth coming with updates and communications are critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Use word processing to prepare a variety of reports, correspondence and miscellaneous tasks from rough drafts or reports, ensuring on time, accurate documents.
- Establish and maintain computerized records systems for departmental records, files, reports, etc., ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Compile, summarize and record information, to include numeric calculations, ensuring accurate, up?to?date information using EXCEL or other appropriate software.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, directing to the correct person, addressing and resolving caller needs, or taking detailed messages. Greet and direct visitors as needed.
- Initiate correspondence and documents in accordance with specific procedures, ensuring accurate, and on?time completion.
- Monitor office supplies inventory, re?ordering supplies, forms, stationary, etc. as needed, according to procurement procedures.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Handle special requests involving running errands to fulfill supply or special event needs.
- Act as support staff for various other departments as assigned.
- Support the Quality Department in the implementation of Quality Assurance programs to ensure that policies, procedures, specifications, ISO 9001 standards, regulatory/safety, and other quality system requirements are consistently followed.
- Perform accurate and timely updates of the Document Control System.
- Act to support the Audit Team as directed.
- Support customer audits of the facilities and products as directed, and support Quality Assurance personnel during government inspections as needed.
- Assist with government and customer quality surveys/claims certificates.
- Provide quality related training to other employees as needed.
- Assist in other aspects of the quality management system as directed by the Quality Manager and management.
Education and/or Experience
Requires four years of high school and six to twelve months related experience; or a combination of education and experience. Proficient in using Microsoft Office software such as WORD and EXCEL to perform tasks.
Apply today for immediate consideration to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to QA Administrative Assistant
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Product Quality Assurance