To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Walker, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Procurement Specialist - United States
McDermott • Walker, LA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
McDermottis seeking a Procurement Specialist for its operations in Walker, LA.
- Receives requisitions,evaluates items that are required, makes decision about which vendors toinclude in request for quotation.
- Issues request forquote, expedites suppliers to provide quotations by required date, receives andopens bids.
- Enters quotes into bidtabulation form, evaluates options for material pricing which may impact chosenbidder, evaluates commercial terms options from each bidder, makesrecommendation about which bidder should be chosen based on price, schedule,qualifications, terms and other factors.
- Routes evaluation forapproval in accordance with CMS requirements.
- Negotiates with selectedsupplier to obtain best price, schedule and terms. Records savings accordinglyon status reports.
- Creates and issuesPurchase Order to supplier based on terms that were offered, followingrequirements outlined in McDermott procedures and using templates provided byMcDermott.
- Manages successfuldelivery and closeout of the order, involved in resolving discrepancies orcommercial issues if raised by the supplier, or if the supplier fails to meetthe requirements of the order.
- Prepares weekly andmonthly reports on project status, noting major accomplishments, budget savingsand overages, status of deliveries, noteworthy items regarding savings and over-runsagainst budges.
- Identify problems anddiscrepancies that may occur and assist in implementing corrective action.
- Communicates with sales,estimating, project management, procurement management and others regardingstatus and to ensure that deliverables are achieved. Provides regular statusupdates to Management, especially for critical items.
- Meets with Suppliers onregular basis for the purpose of developing best supply base for McDermott.Provides regular feedback to suppliers on status of projects and theirperformance on quotes and purchase orders. Looks for opportunities to improveMcDermotts leverage with suppliers through agreements and specific benefits ofone supplier or another.
- Potential travel of upto 25%
- Must hold BachelorsDegree in Business, Supply Chain or similar.
- Must have 4-6 years ofprocurement experience.
- Demonstrates a broadknowledge of the procurement process.
- Able to effectivelycommunicate commercial solutions and concepts to procurement personnel andnon-procurement personnel.
- Support IntegratedProcurement worldwide, work with suppliers to develop supplier agreements.
- Understand local andregional logistics regulations and agreements.
- Working knowledge ofMicrosoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access)
- Experience in SmartPlantMaterials and JD Edwards systems.
McDermottis a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering andconstruction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century,customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructureand technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport andtransform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.