- Facilitate intake, admission and utilization review process for incoming patients.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and appropriate internal staff.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admission and utilization process.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy timeframes.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patient or their family.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admissions, intake and utilization process.
- Provide education to patient and their family throughout stay.
- Perform ongoing assessments of physical/function, emotional, social, spiritual and financial needs patients and implements crisis intervention and referral.
- Provide education regarding healthcare and social resource systems to empower patient and their family to access resources independently.
- RN License Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in a Therapeutic Counseling, Behavioral Science, Social Work or related field.
- Three plus years of mental/behavioral health experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the facility.
- Experience in the managed care pre-certification process, level of care assessments and utilization.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Behavioural Science
- Clinical Works
- Crisis Intervention