Located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin and reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager is responsible with leading, preparing and distributing financial statements both for internal use by senior leadership and for filing with the SEC. This position is responsible for collecting and analyzing financial data used in preparing quarterly and annual reports and other ad-hoc financial analysis. This role will ensure that financial documentation complies with regulations and professional standards. This individual will conduct technical accounting research and serve as a key partner to the finance functions of our worldwide operations. Responsibilities
- Prepare quarterly, annual and other SEC filings and related supporting documentation and manage internal and external review for the documents
- Collaborate with Investor Relations, including overall review of earnings release, earnings slides and other investor presentations
- Provide support as a key part of equity incentive team, including planning, implementation and monitoring of equity-based compensation
- Prepare financial presentations and other ad hoc analysis
- Assist with planning, coordination and monitoring of internal and external audits
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues, disclosures and other issues
- Proactively research technical accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with current and prospective accounting standards, as applicable
- Serve as a resource to the finance functions of our worldwide operations with technical accounting issues or questions
- Contribute to strategic planning and budgeting processes
- Identify, implement and manage process improvements within the departments and can be involved in cross functional process improvements
- Assist with other finance related functions (corporate accounting, tax, treasury, FP&A)
- Participate in the due diligence and financial integration process for business acquisitions
- Work on various financial projects
Experience and Skill Required
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Plans & Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Situational Adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Desire to pursue a long-term career with a leading progressive company
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in public accounting or for a larger corporation (manufacturing experience preferred) CPA designation or eligibility to obtain CPA
- Previous experience with SAP, consolidations and/or Hyperion (HFM) software, exposure to Workiva, XBRL, Visual Lease and Solium is a plus
- Proficient use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: FIN231
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company (NYSE:RXN). Within our two platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. We believe in a core business philosophy of continuous improvement that leverages the Rexnord Business System (RBS) to drive consistency and enable growth. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,500 associates worldwide. For more information visit: www.rexnordcorp.com/careers/.
View the full profile