To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machine Operator I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Machine Operator I with our Manufacturing Production Team on 1st shift (Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Learn tasks associated with PCB and systems assembly based on above levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- May operate automatic and semi-automatic equipment as required (selective solder machine, wave machine, leaded insertion machine)
- Ability to work with and train diverse groups
- Accepting of opportunities to train on new equipment and to cross-train into other site operations, as needed
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Read and follow assembly prints, work instructions, drawings, procedures and specifications used in the manufacture of PCBs and/or systems
- May be certified to operate a limited number and variety of basic machines in production
- Respond to written and verbal instructions
- Obtain certifications on assigned equipment
- Maintain a clean work environment and follow all company policies and practices regarding safety and material handling
- Use cross-reference tools available to identify part numbers, descriptions, and vendor; Recognize all part markings including speed and values (ohms)
- Assist with line changeover
- Identify feeder by size and type in SMT equipment
- Demonstrate the use of cross-reference tools available to identify part numbers, descriptions and vendor
- Remove hazardous waste at the end of each shift and put in waste storage area, check to see that labels are present and closes containers when not in use
- Continuously maintain a clean machine
- May be involved with hazardous waste handling duties
1+ years of electronics machine experience
High School Diploma or GED Ability to read, write and perform basic math
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.