Arconic Engineered Structures (AES) is seeking a Category Manager for the AES Business Unit. This positionis primarily responsible for commodity categories including but not limited to MetalMill Products, Titanium, Alloys and Elementals as well as the management ofcritical supplier relationships in conjunction with the AES Category Lead orGlobal Director of Procurement Operations. This position will be based in Northeast Ohio. The ideal candidate must be able to execute global best-in-classprocurement processes and ensure the Procurement organization is utilizing themaximum potential within the Global, North American and local markets. Weencourage qualified applicants with a desire to join an organization dedicatedto rapid growth to apply.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) is a$14 billion global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing.Arconic’s innovative multi-material products, which include aluminum, titanium,and nickel, are used primarily in aerospace, automotive, commercialtransportation, building and construction, defense, and industrialapplications. Arconic employs more than 40,000 people in over 25 countriesaround the world.
Strong base salary plus variable compensationbonus structure
Generous Health Benefits beginning day 1;medical, life, dental and vision plans
401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
Retirement contribution (3%)
Competitive annual vacation accrual
10 annual paid holidays
Profile: Theprimary purpose of this role is the management of the assigned commoditycategories, management of supplier relationships, including the point ofcontact for the BU on supplier issues including issues related to service,commercial terms, contract disputes and supplier strategy. The overall goal isto achieve the best total cost position and develop optimal sourcing strategieswhile managing/controlling internal raw material inventories for all externalspend within these Categories to ensure the highest efficiency andeffectiveness of the AES Procurement team.
Essential Functions: The Category Manager, Metal Mill Products position includes bothcreation of strategic vision, and tactical management including execution,examples include but are not limited to:
Direct responsibility for spend within therespective Categories of Metal Mill Products, Titanium, Alloys and Elementalproducts across our AES business locations in North America;
Achieve Procurement targets across AES forassigned categories of Metal Mill Products, Titanium, Alloys and Elemental Products(cost, innovation, quality);
Develops and executes Procurement strategiessuch as Low-Cost Country Sourcing strategies;
Maintains business relationships withrepresentatives of strategic suppliers for assigned categories;
Collaborates with other Procurement Operationsteam members and Business Unit Maintenance and Engineering functions usingforums such as workshops to achieve category cost savings targets;
Leads, co-leads, or supports commercialsourcing activity across all assigned categories as required to meet BU andCompany objectives;
Leads, co-leads, or supports non-commercialevents as required to meet objectives, including, but not limited to Kaizenworkshops, Working Capital/Inventory Workshops;
Executes contract negotiations on commercialterms and conditions with suppliers classified in category or as assigned byProcurement leadership;
Accountable for Performance areas such as CostSavings (SRT), Supplier performance, Productivity improvement and reviews ofmaterial & service specifications (demand management) opportunities;
Develop and execute commercial plans on a yearover year basis in accordance with business unit objectives;
Work with the commercial sales organization asneeded to ensure that supplier contracts align with commercial programs asapplicable and are aligned with the term of the agreements placed with ourcustomers;
Communicate with a wide range of stakeholdersin finance, operations, engineering, business unit leadership; influence metalbuyers/planners to ensure successful execution of contract parameters.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mastery of Technology Skills —Oracle E-Business Suite, SAP; Spreadsheet software: Microsoft Excel; Office Suite software: Microsoft Office
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires partnering with the Operations team through daily execution of the financial plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure financial success.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’sdegree in Business, Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, InformationTechnology, Finance, Accounting, Data Science/Analytics,Marketing/Communications, Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering from anaccredited Institution
Minimum5 years previous work experience in Procurement or Commodity Management
Employeesmust be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification ofemployment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorshipis not available for this position.
Thisposition is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen,U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’) Political Asylee, orRefugee.
MBA in Business, Business Administration,Economics or Finance
2years international purchasing management
2years previous work experience with metals and raw materials sourcing