Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our team in DeKalb, IL.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading others to operational excellence while focusing on team safety, delivering a quality product, eliminating waste, developing effective and skilled teams, and meeting budgeted production and operational metrics. In addition to overseeing daily operations, there is significant value placed on strategic long-term vision to ensure continued success of the facility.
• Oversees all cutting, tube laser & warehouse processing operations.
• Responsible for hiring, disciplining & terminating plant personnel.
• Ensures all Corporate & local safety, quality and production goals are met.
• Monitors operating supply levels.
• Schedule all equipment repairs & pm's.
• Exceed production objectives established for loading, assembly, and all cutting.
• Establish strict quality standards and detailed processes to assure quality product is delivered to customers within required time frame.
• Manage expenses to volume adjusted plan.
• Other duties as assignedPosition Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred. Demonstrated equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• 3-5+ year’s progressively responsible experience as an operations leader, with specific experience in lean manufacturing, asset utilization, data analysis, and team development.
• Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity – in an extremely fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills; the ability to establish trust and remain flexible in style and approach.
• Understands how to lead change within dynamic environments.
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated bias toward action, with a focus on getting things done and making things happen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Supply Chain Management