To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH 44306
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Akron, OH
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Director leads and directs the quality operations within a large business unit or group of businesses in accordance with the company's strategic objectives. Increases interdepartmental cooperation and focuses the attitude on quality. Ensures products and processes are in compliance with regulations, specifications, contract requirements and quality system standards.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Implements quality policies consistent with customer requirements, quality regulations and the company procedures
- Establishes and maintains an organization capable of adapting to a dynamic business / manufacturing environment which focuses on continuous improvement, good communication, professionalism and efficiency
- Evaluates internal compliance to all requirements, identifies areas requiring corrective action, and follows through to ensure effectiveness of improvements
- Monitors new manufacturing technology and identifies potential uses and benefits for application within the company
- Focuses the organization on continuous improvement and utilizes the company tools and techniques to identify, develop, and implement strategy, policy, processes, tools, metrics, action plans and countermeasures
- Creates a comprehensive quality plan to roll out improvement initiatives over each yearly cycle
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience:10 - 15 years of relevant experience
- Experience providing strategic leadership and developing comprehensive budgets
- Solid aerospace experience (military and commercial)
- Strong team development and management skills to enable the creation of a highly capable and sustainable Quality Function
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and determine methods and procedures
- Ability to prioritize competing commitments in line with departmental and/or corporate objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].