To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Associate
Altec Industries , Inc. • Saint Joseph, MO
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
There is an Outside Sales opportunity open in St. Joseph, Missouri and the surrounding area to generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts within our Used Equipment division. Altec Inc. is an industry leader, U.S. manufacturer, and the OEM of aerial units, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment. With in-house training and technical sales support, you will have the tools and network to be successful and to present solutions with confidence.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment.
- Possesses excellent communication, time management and administrative skills.
- Has the passion for sales!
- Is relationship- and value-driven.
- Enjoys selling heavy machinery and equipment! Examples of related equipment are construction or farm equipment such as dozers, cranes, or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle or tanks. Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) sales is also good experience.
Building on 90 years of success!
Visit www.altec.com for more information and to apply on-line (Job ID 19333)
Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Four year Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least two years of successful outside sales experience preferred.
- Equipment experience, knowledge and interest is a big plus.
- Must be available for extensive overnight travel.
- Total communication and information processing skills are required.
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing, and other office management applications required.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Attend sales and trade meetings, and read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, and industry developments
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, and other paperwork
- Complete product and development training as required
- Demonstrate and explain the operation and use of products
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to sale of equipment
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems
- Negotiate terms of sale; Quote sale terms
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations
- Study information about new products so that product can be accurately depicted and proper recommendations made
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals that explain product specifications and applications
- Verify delivery schedules to meet customer deadlines regarding upcoming sales.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity -
People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary, a company vehicle and the ability to earn a significant incentive when you exceed your sales quota. Altec also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.