Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy working with amazing products and tools? Join us in championing and protecting explorers and heroes! As a Test Engineer at SNC, you will be using your skills and expertise to simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll develop complex test plans and procedures for a variety of systems to ensure the verification and validation of all product requirements. You will also be involved with the execution of the tests using top industry tools. As a cross functional engineer, you'll test system and component level new products and develop new test processes throughout the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Test Engineer III
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or other related discipline
- 6+ years of experience required.
- Experience with satellite/spacecraft systems required. Similar experience in aircraft or naval vessels acceptable.
- Experience with various communication protocols (1553, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, RF, etc.) required.
- Experience authoring and executing automated test scripts (Python, CMAS, Labview, InControl, etc.) required.
- Experience with ground control stations.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software and hardware.
- Understanding of system level architecture and software requirements in their relation to flight / development processes and hardware.
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Ability to read schematics, use service manuals, follow test procedures, and use logical troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to prepare complex test procedures.
- 10 years of relevant experience highly preferred.
- Experience with various testing equipment, standards, and methodologies to include manual and automated testing
- Ability to prepare complex and professional test plans, test procedures, and test reports in order to demonstrate compliance to system requirements
- Familiarity with Product and Quality Assurance principles and experienced in generation and disposition of product non-conformances.
- Experience performing certification testing for various certification organizations (i.e. FAA, NASA, DoD)
- Ability to read schematics, use service manuals, follow test procedures, and use logical trouble shooting techniques
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Test Engineer III
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Test Engineer III
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.