The Clinical Account Executive (CAE) within a facility or physician's office coordinates care for all home health referrals to the agency beginning with the initial referral process. After that initial referral is made, the CAE will continue to coordinate communication regarding the care of all patients being provided care though the home health agency. The CAE is responsible for executing sales strategy of accounts to increase company market share through development and education. Brandywine River Valley Home Health
, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Coordinates the referral of patients to home health, ensuring that patient choice of the home care services is honored.
- Evaluates patient's suitability for home health upon request from the physician/facility.
- Receives referrals from the physician/facility assigned and sends to the appropriate branch of the home health agency.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient/caregiver and the physician and the home health agency.
- Schedules and coordinates physician follow up appointments when appropriate.
- Receives patient reports from the agency field staff and communicates those reports directly to the physician/nurse.
- Communicates to the home health agency any orders or changes that the physician implements.
- Responsible for getting the home health physician orders signed and getting a copy of the orders to the home health agency.
- Follows up to ensure that the original order is mailed or delivered to the home health agency.
- Facilitates/orders DME equipment after obtaining a signed prescription from the physician. Sets up the delivery of the equipment and any special procedures or outpatient services, when applicable.
- Facilitates obtaining the proper physician documentation to meet the home health face to face encounter requirement
- Communicates with the DON or Branch Manager regarding any complaints or concerns that the physician has. The DON or Branch Manager will follow up to ensure that the issues are handled and corrected appropriately.
- Provides educational in-services regarding the services provided by the home health agency to physicians, nurses and other practitioners within a facility/physician office.
- Meets personal performance goal assigned and admission budget for the location.
- Participates in all sales calls and company in-services.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Prior Home Health experience
- Must be have formalized clinical training from an accredited institution and be licensed in the state of
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Must have strong computer skills to meet Microsoft Outlook and CRM software
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be self
Certified Association Executive