Your role in helping us shape the future:
Come join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services that leverage global connectivity without boundaries. Intelsat reaches beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. You will provide technology leadership for the definition of new services with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open profitable new markets and drive revenue growth, while ensuring the most reliable and secure communications globally. We are looking for a bold thinker who will continue Intelsat's legacy of innovation with solutions to automate and orchestrate systems throughout Intelsat's global footprint and in space.
You will collaborate within the organization to lead automation and orchestration initiatives within software-defined datacenters to be deployed globally. As the subject-matter expert for automation and orchestration at Intelsat, you must lead the development of a clear roadmap for innovative technologies that automate provisioning and orchestration of both terrestrial and space-based technologies with a standards-compliant architecture. Successful execution of the technology roadmap must be ensured with your leadership across the organization. To achieve the desired results, you must support the product team in the ideation stage and network engineering in the planning, implementation and launch stages of the product development life cycle.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Align technology initiatives with the corporate strategy, and communte this strategy with key stakeholders to collaborate on program execution throughout the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with other technology leaders to author Requests for Proposals and define solutions for product enablement of new network services.
- Identify technologies, systems and processes to reduce CAPEX and OPEX, then create technical documentation and presentations to effectively communicate your ideas.
- Lead ideation of datacenter architectures and identify the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to benchmark alternative solutions for management and orchestration of Intelsat’s software-defined network.
- Oversee the evaluation of new APIs, network automation and datacenter orchestration solutions with thorough test plans to be executed in collaboration with the Development Engineering team
- Participate in ETSI NFV and ONF/CORD to ensure compliance with relevant standards for automation and orchestration of virtual network functions within Intelsat’s global network
- Provide subject-matter expertise for Intelsat’s technology roadmap, including datacenter architecture and orchestration of virtual network functions within Intelsat’s global network
- Work with key stakeholders to design software-defined datacenters that integrate seamlessly with Intelsat’s IP/MPLS network and ensure successful implementation.
Can you drive these processes?
- Ideation of new products and services to be enabled with a software-defined datacenter.
- Move innovation initiatives through the development lifecycle to offer new services.
- Architecture, development and testing of management and orchestration systems to be leveraged by Intelsat’s next-generation network
- Incorporation of space-based platforms with new industry standards related to network function virtualization within Intelsat’s global network of software-defined datacenters
You should definitely have:
- This role is subject to EAR/ITAR and candidates must be US Persons (US Citizens, Permanent Residents, Asylees, Refugees)
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology
- At least 10-years of recent experience with datacenter architectures and automation
- Collaborate with others to resolve complex problems, provide technical leadership for cross-functional teams, resolve conflicts and move projects forward
- Deep technical understanding of datacenter virtualization with containers, Kubernetes, microservices, network slicing and cluster computing, with management and orchestration of a global network of software-defined datacenters
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present effectively to senior leadership, influence stakeholders and garner support.
- Experience with virtual Evolved Packet Core implementations in a software-defined network
- Knowledge of ETSI NFV, 3GPP, MEF, ONF/CORD and other relevant standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, etc.)
- Subject-matter expertise in virtualization, containers and orchestration of virtual network functions with a global network of software-defined datacenters
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working with Standards Definition Organizations
- Experience leading architecture and development for a software-defined datacenter
- Relevant technical expertise for Network Function Virtualization and Software-Defined Networks: Linux, OpenStack, OVS, CentOS, KVM, JSON, REST, YANG
- Understanding of Mobile Network Operator datacenter architectures
- Familiarity with space-based communications networks
What it’s like to work with us:
- Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.