Marley Spoon is a direct-to-consumer manufacturing business with a waste free supply chain. We deliver top quality fresh ingredients in the exact quantities required with chef-designed easy-to-cook recipes, to thousands of households across the globe. Together we build brands customers love. Currently we operate various brands that are serving households in the US, Europe, and Australia: Bezzie, Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon, and Dinnerly.
Marley Spoon simplifies weeknight cooking and helps busy people skip the supermarket. But in the end, it's simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating!
We are looking for a Junior Mechanical Engineer
to join our TX Fulfillment Center located in South Dallas. This position will support the execution of engineering & automation projects, oversee and supervise the maintenance team and all maintenance related activities, ensure that all of our systems are running effectively and efficiently by improving performance and minimizing downtime, and continuously drive improvements in the fulfillment center.
The Junior Mechanical Engineer
will be working closely with the national Engineering & Automation team to deliver the team’s strategic plans, achieve its maintenance targets, implement new systems and solutions, and solve problems using an engineering oriented mindset. This is a fully onsite position.
What you will do:
- Support the implementation and roll out of new systems and solutions
- Explore and deliver engineering solutions to technical problems that enhance and improve the processes and operations in the facility
- Lead and supervise the maintenance team, and execute all corrective and preventive maintenance programs to the highest levels of quality and compliance while meeting deadlines.
- Provide a safe work environment by ensuring that all hazardous failures and breakdown are immediately addressed and resolved.
- Manage 3rd party contractors that provide engineering/maintenance related services.
- Manage all assets in the facility by maintaining up to date reports of the statuses and conditions of them.
- Spare parts management, including maintaining up to date reports of inventory levels, purchasing and replenishing spare parts as needed, and properly keeping track of spare parts consumption.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Preferably 1-2 years experience
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Good maintenance and repairs skills.
- Self-starter and eager to learn and develop
- Responsible, passionate, and fully committed to what you do
- Familiar with Google Suite, MS applications (Excel, Word), and preferably CAD.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common information, reports and other documents
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to walk, stand for long periods of time, bend, squat, reach and turn to perform duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work overtime including weekends/holidays when needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, transit, 401(k)
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Autonomy in every role - act in an environment where we get things done without having formal hurdles
- An open, diverse and respectful working environment
- The possibility to learn about everything that you are curious about, regardless of which function or department
- Extra Annual Leave + Parental Leave
- Free Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon and/or Dinnerly subscription boxes
- Attention To Detail
- Diagnostic Skills
- Google Suite