Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
The Plant Controls Engineer is responsible for performing technical and project engineering duties to improve plant manufacturing performance, reduce costs, improve methods, and assist in machine maintenance and reliability.
Focus includes development & improvement of plant automation & control systems. The primary job function of a Plant Controls Engineer may include:
- Communicate and review operational performance of production equipment, and develop solutions to improve productivity.
- Develops automation and control system solutions to improve operational performance. Solutions may include, but not limited to PLC & HMI enhancements, vision systems, and robotic work cells.
- Continually reviews the status of plant electrical systems and offers value added upgrade solutions where applicable.
- Supports Operations with focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes.
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Develop & submit capital & expense projects to support plant operations.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber optic and cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and/or other electrical components.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components to resolve issues.
- Maintains, repairs, installs and tests switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors.
- Maintains, repairs, tests and installs electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Conducts preventive maintenance programs and keeps accurate maintenance records.
- Train and assist with troubleshooting in collaboration with the maintenance team
- Preform calibration of equipment in conjunction with the maintenance team
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar fields.
- Plant Controls Engineers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers.
Prior experience with the following technical areas:
- PLC & HMI programming. Beckhoff, RSLogix5000/500/5 preferred.
- Plant SCADA systems.
- Prior experience with industrial control networks; Ethernet 1/P, Control Net, DeviceNET, DH+, Remote 110
- MS Office; Strong knowledge of MS-Excel, some VB preferred.
- AutoCAD / AutoCADLT / equivalent drafting and understanding electrical, pneumatic and process flow prints.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Variable Frequency Drive programming and replacement
Plant Controls Engineers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Electrical Systems
- Transformers (Electrical)
- Electrical Codes
- Electrical Equipment