To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Ann Arbor, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. We believe that positive financial results are what fuel our growth and keep us at the top of our industry. As the Financial Analyst, you will use your skills and experience to guide us on the road to success through forecasting, performing key analyses and reconciling accounts. This is an opportunity for you to build a career you can be proud of, while positively affecting XPO’s future.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Maintain account ownership responsibilities for the Income Statement and Balance Sheet, including reconciling accounts, monitoring controls, assessing risks, and controlling design/testing; validate accounting activity for reasonableness
- Post journal entries in the general ledger (Oracle); run reports from Oracle and various sub-ledger systems
- Calculate amounts of entries to be booked, including coordinating with business process owners to determine accrual amounts
- Report on financial and statistical data for executive management
- Perform variance analysis on actual vs. budget and forecast, driving down to the root cause to explain results and the reasons behind them
- Analyze financial data across multiple areas using tools (e.g., net present value) and quantifiable models that enable effective decision-making
- Utilize input from process owners, metrics and historical financial data to develop forecasts and budgets; develop and improve forecasting and budgeting models
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 2 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Highly-knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and general ledger systems
- Experience with internal control environments, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, identifying high-risk processes and implementing controls
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; ability to create complex formulas in Excel, and quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
It’d be great if you also have:
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) experience
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to develop insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results
- Ability to conceptualize a broad range of problems across multiple functional areas and break them down to a quantifiable modeling that assists in forming actionable recommendations
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal direct supervision or in a team environment
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.