To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
89A Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist
Army National Guard • Long Beach, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
It’s up to you to keep the back of house stocked and ready to go at a moment’s notice. As an Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist for the Army National Guard, it will be your responsibility to manage munition inventory, and perform accounting procedures for ammunition, explosives, and associated explosive components.
Your duties as an Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist may include: performing ammunition supply stock control and accounting duties using both automated and manual procedures, and maintaining hardware and software systems, and the manual records required to successfully perform stock control and accounting procedures for ammunition and explosives.
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Access to data browser to perform the automated issue, receipt, shipment, turn-in, and maintenance transfer of ammunition
• Create radio frequency identification system tags, and create applicable reports and input data
• Upload/download automated data processing equipment, and perform individual warrior tasks and collective warrior battle drills
• Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry and trigonometry
• Aptitude for planning and organizing
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Work calmly under stress
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with government agencies and private industries performing ordnance research and development, or any position requiring detail-oriented stock control personnel.
Earn While You Learn
Get paid to learn! In the Army National Guard, you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.